The liver is one of our most crucial organs, performing over 500 functions. Like a miniature refinery, the liver converts carbohydrates, fats and proteins into substances essential for life. It exports and manufactures nutrients needed by other organs to function properly, such as bile used by the intestines during digestion. It purifies our blood of toxic substances from the water we drink, the air we breathe and food we eat. If the liver is not functioning optimally, our body begins to store these toxins in our tissues. Over time, these toxins can weaken the immune system and contribute to the development of mild to severe degenerative conditions.
In addition, lifestyle factors can further stress the liver. Some of these are:
- Use of alcohol, tobacco and certain medications and drugs
- Exposure to environmental toxins and second-hand smoke
- Consumption of excessive saturated fat and animal protein
The American Liver Foundation reports that more than 25 million people are afflicted with liver and gallbladder disease each year. The complexities of the liver make it susceptible to many different diseases including hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer.
Have a healthy liver
- A diet high in fiber and low in saturated fats, fried foods and simple carbohydrates (sugar, white flour, etc.) will contribute to a healthy liver.
- Eating lots of fruits and vegetables, avoiding excessive amounts of alcohol and drinking plenty of water are good both for your liver and overall body health.
- A number of herbs and nutrients, particularly milk thistle, have been proven to protect and support healthy liver function.
Take steps to support your liver.
The herbs and nutrients in Liver Support have been carefully selected to provide synergistic benefits to the liver which produce increased liver function. Many of these ingredients have been used for centuries as medicinal solutions to liver problems. Ingredients include:
Milk Thistle, the most widely recognized and potent natural remedy for protecting the liver. It blocks toxins from entering the liver, helps remove toxins from the liver and regenerates liver cells.
Artichoke and Sarsaparilla are rich in naturally occurring bioflavonoids and polyphenols which detoxify and support the liver.
Choline is involved in the production and metabolism of fats and cholesterol which protect the liver from fatty deposits.
Black Radish activates liver cells, and has cleansing and antibacterial qualities.
Betaine prevents the deposition of fat in the liver and accelerates its removal.
N-acetyl-L-cysteine and Selenium raise glutathione levels, vital for healthy liver function.
Additional nutrients beneficial to the liver include Barberry Root, Dandelion Root, Stinging Nettle Root, L-Methionine and Niacin.
Liver Support was formulated by doctors in applied clinical conditions to provide optimum support for healthy liver function.