Now with Serrazimes®!
Do you suffer from pain and inflammation due to injury, overuse, or surgery?
Inflammation is the body’s natural protective response to trauma, but it produces pain and delays healing. To combat pain, people often take aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs. These medications may control pain and inflammation, but they can also inhibit healing and damage the stomach, liver, and kidneys.
There is a better, natural solution with no harmful side effects!
How does Proteolytic Plus work?
Proteolytic enzymes digest protein which reduces inflammation and increases circulation at the site of injury so that recovery of damaged tissues can begin quickly. The practice of treating wounds with these enzymes dates back to ancient times. More recently, clinical studies on proteolytic enzymes have documented their ability to reduce swelling, bruising, pain and healing time following surgical procedures and injuries. Preliminary data from current studies suggest that proteolytic enzymes modulate the immune response by selectively cleaving and inactivating certain cytokines, which are intercellular mediators for the body.
Proteolytic Plus is a blend of the proteolytic enzymes bromelain, protease 4.5, protease 6.0, Serrazimes® and peptidase, designed to naturally reduce inflammation and the pain associated with it.
What are Serrazimes®?
Serrazimes® are enzymes similar to Serrapeptidase. Serrapeptidase is a protease initially isolated from Serratia marcescens, a potentially pathogenic bacteria, found in the gut of the Japanese silkworm. Serrapeptidase has wide clinical use in Asia and Europe for the treatment of assorted inflammatory disorders. In recent years, recognition of the efficacy of this product has lead to growing interest in the US dietary supplement market. Despite international regulations, the product’s efficacy has fueled its popularity in the US dietary supplement industry where it is used for anti-inflammatory support, cardiovascular support, respiratory support, and as an adjunct to antibiotic therapy. Recognizing the potential for a “Serrapeptidase-type” enzyme in the U.S. dietary supplement market, there was seen a need to develop a protease system that has the same in vitro activity as Serrapeptidase, but that is from a source organism that has a long history of safe use in dietary supplements. Serrazimes® is the product of this search.
Proteolytic Plus also contains other beneficial ingredients
In addition to proteolytic enzymes, other important ingredients and their benefits include:
- Vitamin C from acerola cherries makes cell walls more permeable, and is a key building material for connective tissue.
- Vitamin E from wheat germ reduces levels of inflammation-inducing proteins that cause joint swelling, pain and tenderness.
- Quercetin, a flavonoid found in plants, is a potent antoixidant which helps promote tissue and joint health.
- Manganese is of the building-blocks to produce “SOD” (super oxide dismutase), a powerful antioxidant that has been shown to reduce inflammation and enhance cellular repair.
- Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium serve as a buffer to uric and lactic acid, and activate the proteolytic enzymes.